Thursday, July 24, 2014

Unstuff Your Life! by Andrew Mellen (2010)

OK, I really need to get rid of stuff in my life and Mellen had a lot of good suggestions. I don't think I buy too many unnecessary items (I waste money in other ways); it is very rare I can't find my keys - I do have a place for them; and a few other things that didn't quite fit my situation, but I am drowning in papers and books, and I need some guidance in organizing them all, and getting rid of most of them. Listening to this in the car was not the ideal way to work through the exercises and pieces Mellen suggests, so I just decided to listen all the way though and get the print book with all the lists, questions one has to ask about items, etc. He starts with keys, wallet, purse and mail, then moves on to the kitchen, office, clothes, then auxiliary spaces like basements and attics. He addresses the car, sentimenal objects, photos, email and computers, holidays and more. I am not sure how I am going to deal with it, as it is a long process, but I already find myself thinking a bit differently about certain things.

No comments: