Saturday, December 05, 2009

Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts (2009)

Second in the Bride Quartet, where three friends who have played "wedding" since childhood, now run Vows, a wedding service out of Parker's mansion-like home. Mac, the photographer found Carter in the first book. Now Emma, the flower girl finds Jake, the architect. I do like the tight knit friendships of these girls and those around them. I am amazed that they can pull of numerous weddings in a weekend. I got a bit of a glimpse into flower arranging, but not as much as I would have liked. I know Roberts is an expert on flowers from the garden store trilogy, so she was naming all the flowers, but I still wanted more. I thought Emma had a greenhouse going, and very little was mentioned about that. I liked the cold feet about commitment form Jake's side, and the reasons behind it. Of course it is always too pat, but none of her characters have ideal pasts, which I like.

No comments: