Sunday, September 06, 2009

Killer Smile by Lisa Scottoline (2004)

This book was suggested to me because I really enjoyed learning about the Japanese internment camps. Did I know that Italians and Germans were interred too? No. So this is crime novel with the same humor as Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books, except Mary DiNunzio is a lawyer, and this happens across the river in Philly rather than Trenton. Mary is trying to clear a man's name who died in one of the internment camps in Montana, by going through archives and even visiting the historic camp site, interviewing a few who were still around at that time. Again a senseless incarceration of innocent people, and then later, taking away their assets. I liked the writing, fun mystery, with personal life thrown in - friends always setting Mary up for blind dates, etc. I liked Mary's character, so I may try more of Scottoline's books, when I am in that kind of mood.

No comments: