Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson (2009)

I'd been waiting for the second of Larsson's books to come out in English. I don't know what it is about this crime novel, but it just feels different from others, and not just that it is set in Sweden. We see our "girl" Lisbeth Salander at the end of a year traveling around the world, the last months on a tropical island, returning to Stockholm, getting comfortable in a large fancy apartment, but then she ends up the prime suspect in a series of murders. Mikael Blomkvist, our journalist from Millenium magazine, tries to help. Loved the professional boxer that she used to spar with. The evil guys are really nasty, but with backgrounds that make them interesting. I should probably say a lot more about this book, but out of time, so I will just have to say, one of my favorites of the year. Just have to wait for the last one.

No comments: