Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowlins

Another wonderful Potter book. I read it quickly, because I really did not want to overhear or read about the ending somewhere. Though some pretty horrendous things occur, I felt this book was a bit more laid back, less constantly tense than the last one, which I appreciated. A lot of action was just daily life at Hogwarts. We got a lot more background information in this book, and the romances started heating up. But the cattiness and misunderstandings of young adulthood were all there, wonderfully depicted by Rowlins. They are all growing up and I was happy to see Harry had gotten less angry, which is another reason why the last book was harder to read. Snape remains a big mystery to me, though we learn a lot more about him and Voldemort and Dumbledore and the whole lot. I feel this was the lull before the final big storm, and at least we have a couple of years to wait until we see how Voldemort is finally defeated, or is he?
(finished reading July 21, will be listening to the tapes with son later this summer)

No comments: