Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Song of Creation by Paul Goble

Another ALA signed purchase. I have loved Goble’s books since my bookstore days and enjoyed not only his illustrations, but also his retelling of Native American tales. Mr. Goble looked a bit weary, when he was signing books, so I didn’t bother him with chit chat. This book is beautiful as always, and he has found a way to illustrate many Western animals and their habitats. The text is less inspiring – a prayer from all the animals and their surroundings, so the text repeats: “O you ____ (sun, moon, stars, frost and cold, moose, geese, ...), bless you the Lord: praise him, and magnify him forever.” I guess I could think of this as one long meditation, but it doesn’t speak to me as his tales have in the past.
(finished reading June 27)

No comments: