Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sweet Rains (2010): Second Nature(1985) & Lessons Learned (1986) by Nora Roberts

I should look at these more carefully before I buy them. Second Nature I had read a while ago, looks like before I started this blog, but I didn't recognize until almost the end - when we were getting near the surprise I knew what was going to happen, and not because I am good at second guessing plots, but because I had read or heard this before. And Lessons Learned I listened to just a couple of months ago. Oh well. Second nature was about a reporter, who is intrigued by a reclusive horror fiction writer. She finds out he will be at a small writers conference and when they first meet, they do not disclose to each other who they are. Instant attraction. But again, Roberts just tells a good story. I didn't even spend too much time saying to one or the other characters - get on with it stupid, she/he loves you. I am also sensitive to the fact that two people in love who live in very different lifestyles have to make some major changes to be together. I always check the dates, as this was before you could find out everything about somebody on the Internet, these two writers used typewriters, and no cell phones. Wonder if this will seem quaint to the millenials.

No comments: