Sunday, July 11, 2010

Coraline by Neil Gaiman (2002), graphic novel (2008)

One more eerie tale by Gaiman, which I found in two places in our library - the other copy was a graphic novel form of this story illustrated by P. Craig Russell. I took both out and read one chapter in this book, then reread it in the graphic novel format. Very close. About midway I decided to stop reading the normal book and just go with the visual - it was faster. I realize I have never been into horror and scary tales. Never a Steven King fan. But I liked the Graveyard Book. I really liked hearing Neil Gaiman accept an award, which is why I decided to read some more of his books, but they are not all my type. Interestingly enough, I just reread a Nora Roberts book about a horror fiction writer. She addresses the question - what are horror writers like? Turns out they can be very normal family men.

No comments: