Monday, September 29, 2008

Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich (2008)

I've been needing to read something light and funny, and bounty hunter Stephanie Plum fit the bill. She and the characters around her had me laughing out loud quite a few times.  In this particular story Stephanie is helping her hunky friend Ranger bodyguard an aging country singer. Meanwhile her cop boyfriend Joe Morelli ends up taking care of a graffiti artist teenage son of a kidnap victim. There are always numerous story lines going on. I particularly enjoyed the outrageous wedding plans of Lula, Stephanie's big black mama side-kick, without the conscious consent of the supposed bridegroom Tank.  Just a lot of fun. Though I've read some of these before, I'm planning to tackle them in reverse chronological order.

No comments: