Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich (2008)

This is one of those Stephanie Plum detective stories I picked up because I needed something light and funny - and it fit the bill - getting me laughing. I've read some of these before, so I remember Stephanie living in a Trenton, NJ working class neighborhood. In this book she is working on security detail for Brenda, an aging country western singer, with Ranger, one of the men she likes. But she seems to be mostly spending time with Joe Morelli, who reminds me of the Italians in my high school in northern New Jersey. There are plenty of fun characters including the video game playing, graffiti spraying kid Zook, who she ends up taking care of for a while, a gentle stalker, Stephanie's colleague Lula planning a wedding to Ranger's right-hand man, Tank, without his input or approval, and more.

No comments: