Thursday, December 27, 2007

Down River by John Hart (2007)

Wasn't a favorite, so I forgot to write down, that I had listened to this book this fall. Adam Chase returns to his home town in North Carolina, which he has left as an acquitted murderer, but returns to a mystery intertwined with family secrets and mis-communication. I must just be tired of reading guy books, as I found the main character unsympathetic, though the tale was intriguing. Publisher's Weekly commented that Down River "should settle once and for all the question of whether thrillers and mysteries can also be literature." So I guess it was well written, on the bestseller list, but not for me.

What do I know, I just found out (May 2008) that this book got the Mystery Writers of America 2008 Edgar Allen Poe Award.

No comments: