Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saving Faith by David Baldacci (1999)


I don’t know why Baldacci is the only author I keep finding in English here in Europe. I have already forgotten where I bought it, but part of my need for mindless reading in English.

This was kind of a strange twist on inner Washington and intrigues were killing someone is the answer. Danny Buchannen was a successful lobbyist that has made a lot of money, but after seeing world poverty has been focusing his lobbying efforts on helping these impoverished nations. His side-kick is Faith, but then he is pressured into working partially for the CIA, though he tries to protect Faith from this side of his life. Of course she gets involved inadvertently, and you have CIA working against FBI with a private investigator thrown in. Gets confusing, but a nice action read.

No comments: