Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dangerous Old Women By Clarissa Pinkola Estes (1996 book, 2010 audio)

Subtitle: Myths and Stories of the Wise Woman Archetype
I believe this audio version is based on Pinkola Estes' book, but it was set up as six sessions with the author, where she talked, told stories, explained them and ended with a prayer or meditation. I found her book Women who Run with the Wolves really valuable and inspiring. These stories and her explanations didn't quite talk to me as much, but I really like Pinkola Estes herself, her throaty laugh, and being told that being unique and different is good. She took stories from various cultures, starting with an extensive analysis of Snow White, touching on Baba Yaga and other stories, some that I had never heard. I also found out that some of her ancestry was from Eastern Europe. I would love to meet her.

No comments: