Saturday, February 11, 2006

Rapture in Death by J.D. Robb

My favorite series of books to keep me awake on late night drives, this time to DC and back. As I heard in a radio ad, J.D. Robb is Nora Roberts' dark side and she looks at the dark side of humanity. Lt. Eve Dallas is a homicide cop in the mid 21st century, married to Roarke, one of the richest and most powerful guys on the planet. As he is running his empire, I keep wondering where he finds time to help Eve on all her cases, but whatever... This time it is four seemingly unrelated suicides that die with big smiles on their lips. Eve feels they were nudged. Exciting and psychological, as always.
I can never keep this series of books straight. I have listened to quite a few of them, but I can't differentiate them by title. I think it will help me just to keep track of what is going on with the individuals. This starts off with Eve and Roarke's honeymoon (c. 1996), so it's pretty old. Eve's friend Mavis is with Leonardo and her singing career, AKA screaming with little clothes on, is starting to take off. Peabody is the dutiful sidekick. If I ever do a retro of books I've read, a list of JD Robb's death books would be useful to me. (Finished listening to it 2/5/06)

No comments: