Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Dive from Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer


Read by Scarlett Johansson. It was actually Scarlett's name that caught my attention, and with an abridged version, what did I have to lose. Carrie and her fiance Mike and friends live in Madison Wisconsin, have know each other for years, have done things together for years, but there is some miscontent in her life. She wants something different, but doesn't quite know what that is. When Mike has an accident and becomes paralyzed, she withdraws and has an even harder time figuring out what she wants to be doing. She runs away to New York and meets Kilroy. (I never knew "Kilroy was here" was from WWII.) I remember that feeling of not knowing what I want to do with my life. it was nice to see things starting to clear up for Carrie.
(finished listening 11/15/05)

No comments: