Thursday, October 04, 2018

A Rather Curious Engagement by C.A. Belmond (2008)

I like these cozy mysteries. Penny Nichols and Jeremy continue to get to know each other and try to figure out how to spend their newly acquired inheritance. They are advised to do one splurge for themselves, and this leads to a purchase of a boat that leads to their first engagement as amateur sleuths for finding stolen art. This time it was a specific aquamanile, something I had never heard of, though I may have seen some in museums. They are jug-type vessels in the form of an animal or human usually used for water for washing hands. Anyway, interesting romp through southern France, Corsica, Italy, and England. I had to look up Lake Como and realized it was close to Lake Lugano of Rainis and Aspazija fame. Again, I like the research being done in libraries and archives, following family trees. Just fun.

No comments: