Tuesday, September 04, 2018

The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes by Leonard Goldberg (2017)

This was sent to me by my audio book store as a bonus, and I am always up for a strong female character. I read some Sherlock Holmes in my day, and though his deductive reasoning was fascinating, I found the books plodding and preferred Agatha Christie back in the day when there were so many fewer choices. This book takes on the same plodding style and I almost gave up on it, but was in the car a bit this past weekend and got through it. 

I am going to cheat and just copy the plot line from Amazon, just so I remember it: "... a new thrilling tale of the great detective's daughter and her companion Dr. John Watson, Jr. as they investigate a murder at the highest levels of British society. Set in 1914, Joanna Blalock's keen mind and incredible insight lead her to become a highly skilled nurse, one of the few professions that allow her to use her finely-tuned brain. But when she and her ten-year-old son witness a man fall to his death, apparently by suicide, they are visited by the elderly Dr. John Watson and his charming, handsome son, Dr. John Watson Jr. Impressed by her forensic skills, they invite her to become the third member of their investigative team."

No comments: