Sunday, September 13, 2015

Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox (1985)

I remember Mem Fox being one of the authors we looked at in my children's lit class at KVCC many moons ago. Maybe even this one. I picked it up, because it caught my eye, as I was just looking for a kids book to balance my day.

Wilfrid is a kid that lives next door to an old folk's home and he spends time with these old folks and likes them. One of them is losing her memory, so he asks all the others what a memory is like. He gathers items based on what he is told, brings them to Miss Nancy and she remembers all sorts of things about her past. 

I loved the story, the illustrations, and on top of that, I had just finished Still Alice, which is about losing one's memory, so this just felt so apropos.

No comments: