Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Montana by Norma Tirrell (2006)

Time to finish describing the Montana books I read. This is actually a Montana guide book, but it was suggested by my friend that moved to Montana, when I asked her to suggest something that would give me a sense of the state. As a guide book, I did not read the whole thing, but read the first hundred or so pages that gave me an introduction to the land an people of Montana, the history, something about the wildlife, recreation, arts and old west customs like rodeos. I got a feel for the state, which is just what I wanted, before I traveled into those vast big sky spaces. After the introduction,  I would read up on what I should see in each region that I visited. there is a huge difference between open country, mountains, and places like Bitterroot Valley around Missoula. I read the 2006 6th edition of this book.

No comments: