Sunday, July 28, 2013

Kill Shot by Vince Flynn (2012)

Since Vince Flynn recently passed away, I felt like reading more of his Mitch Rapp books, and they are great to keep one awake on long drives. So it was what I listened to on my drive back from Wyoming. Though this book was written in 2012, it is the second in the series - early in Mitch Rapp's and Irene Kennedy's careers. I found my blog entry on the first Mitch Rapp book I read, where I comment on the ethical problems I have with America sending out assassins around the world, but I like Mitch Rapp and I must have bought into the idea, that maybe it is a simpler way of solving some major world problems.

Mitch has been putting away dangerous terrorists and drug lords around the world from a list that has been compiled by a seelct few at the black ops at the CIA, where he works. While killing a Libyan diplomat in Paris, things go terribly wrong and he has to figure out what is going on. On the home front Stan Hurley, who has his own issues with Mitch, thinks he has blown the assignment and to not reveal the black op side, feels Mitch has to be eliminated. We now understand how Mitch's personal ethical system evolves and why he tends to not trust anyone.

No comments: