Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home Front by Kristin Hannah (2012)

This was an intense book about a woman soldier going off to the war in Iraq. I thought it was one of the most realistic portrayals of a relationship I had seen in a long time. I totally understood her husband's point of view - that he didn't support the war and had a hard time supporting her going there, though obviously she had no choice, and we both understand that our soldiers need support, respect and understanding. The other part that I was really glad to see discussed in detail was PTSD. I know my parent's generation was highly affected by WWII. Every war affects the people that have to face and see death in that situation. I was going to write a lot more about this book, as it is one of my favorites this year already, but I have now read too many in between to do a good job.

No comments: