Sunday, March 06, 2011

The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (1997)

Subtitle: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom. I think I even own this book, but never did read it, so I thought I should read something good for my soul around my birthday. It was OK, but nothing special. The four agreements make sense: Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Always do your best.  I think I basically do try to live by most of these, though being impeccable is hard, and I do tend to take things personally. All good advice, but much of it is about relating to your partner, those very close that you live with. Since I have chosen not to have someone that close in my life, and my child has just moved out,some of the book did not feel as applicable.

No comments: