Sunday, January 16, 2011

Think Twice by Lisa Scottoline (2010)

I remember liking the Killer Smile by Scottoline, so I thought I would try another one. It is rare that I want a book to be over, but this was one. The main character in this book wasn't Mary DiNunzio, who I really liked, but her boss at the law firm Rosato & Associates - Bennie Rosato, who is a much less likable character. Then Bennie has a twin, Alice, who is as brilliant as Bennie, but much more wild and evil. I kept being frustrated, that Bennie was turning evil, and Alice was easily taking Bennie's place at the law firm and with ex-boyfriend Grady, and that no one except Mary's crazy Italian aunt and friend Julie had any suspicions. Turns out in the author interview after the book was read, Scottoline explained that she was looking into the phenomenon of twins and how much is DNA and how much is circumstance and environment. I believe the character Bennie realizes too, that she has kept herself so closed off, even to close friends and associates, that they did not know her well enough to not recognize Alice in her place. Sooo - redeemed and I will not give up on Scottoline books. The story was quite a thriller. Alice burries Bennie alive and tries to get at her substantial funds.

No comments: