Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fantasy in Death by JD Robb (2010)

I knew I needed something to keep me awake in some of the long stretches of my trip, so I chose one of the latest JD Robb books. Roberts again amazes me at getting into another world - this time of gamers and their cons (conferences.) Maybe a real gamer would tell me this was all bogus but it seemed quite realistic.

One of four partners in an up and coming gaming company - YouPlay - is killed while playing one of the games they are developing. Though Lt. Eve Dallas and detective Peabody are the main investigators, this time the tech department with Mc Nabb and Feeney and of course involving Roarke, is the focus. Psychologist Mira comes in briefly as does (past death doctor) Morris. There is one social event - Nadine First's book party, where we briefly see Mavis, Leonardo and the hair and make-up artist. Dallas is almost on time for this one.

The pace was different. Usually I can count on 3 murders. There was only one and one attempt. All good to keep one guessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you give me the freedom to confess - I love Nora Roberts!