Saturday, March 27, 2010

Manhunt by Janet Evanovich (1989)

Sorry, one of the worst books I have listened to in a long time. I thought Janet Evanovich was better than this - maybe it is one of her first books. Stephanie Plum isn't the most admirable character, but you get to know her quirks, and she just ends up being incredibly funny. This Alex - the executive who lived in Princeton, worked in lower Manhattan (never explained why she was willing to commute 2 hours each way), who trades an expensive condo for a cabin and hardware store in Alaska sight unseen, just doesn't make any sense. Yes, at times she is strong, and I like the idea of transplanted NY exec to Alaska, but she just ended up being stupid. The guy was OK, but I totally didn't get the old style romance novel games. I am afraid I will Evanovich alone, except for the Plum books.

No comments: