Sunday, May 10, 2009

On reading in spurts

I recently had a conversation with a woman who only reads when she is on vacation or has a whole day free, so she can read continually. She didn't understand how I could listen to books in short spurts commuting to work, driving around doing errands. Maybe I was like that at one point, but I would never get any reading done if I had to wait for a free day. I have definitely gotten into absorbing books in short spurts - both reading and listening, even doing multiple books at a time - at least two - one that I listen to in the car and at least one I am reading at home. Recently I even was listening to more than one book at a time. Friedman's Hot, Flat and Crowded was just too intense to listen too continually, so I would do one or two CD's of that and then listen to a few CD's of some fiction.

No comments: