Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rough Weather by Robert B. Parker (2008)

Sometimes the random books you pick up are duds, and this was one. At least it makes me appreciate well written books more. Maybe it was worse in the audio version, but I thought I was going to lose it if I heard one more "I said, she said, then he said" conversation. It was only 5 CD's long, so I just finished it. Private investigator Spenser is hired by Heidi Bradshaw to support her at her daughter's wedding, but he is allowed to take his girlfriend. (huh?) A major storm overtakes the island off the coast of MA during the wedding, impeding but not stopping the kidnapping of the bride. The kidnapper is the Grey Man, an old nemesis of Spenser's. As Spenser tries to find the kidnapped bride, he uncovers all sorts of family secrets...

No comments: