Saturday, April 14, 2007

Irish Dreams by Nora Roberts (2007)

I was really disappointed in these two from Roberts, but when I looked more closely, they were written for Sihouette Books, so there must be some formula that the writers have to follow. These virginal stories with minimal setting or character development or realistic explanation of motivation are a bit hard to take. The women are still strong, but not great Nora Roberts.

Irish Rebel (2000)
Brian Donnelly comes over from Ireland to manage the horses for a wealthy horesefarm. He falls for the owner's daughter Keeley Grant, who he originally thinks is an ice princess. Of course she is not... There was another horse farm story by Roberts I read a while ago. The horse farm was described in detail, and the two characters were OK, but their motivations were a bit sketchy for me.
Sullivan's Woman (1984)
This was the least fun - Cassidy St. John a buddingwriter with Irish blood loses her job and takes on modeling for artist Colin Sullivan, from Ireland. I'm sorry, I just didn't get this staring at each other and falling totally in love with each other, with the usual - Oh I'm sure he doesn't care for me, but then he really does. Set in the wonderful San Francisco - so much more could be done with that, but oh well.

No comments: