Thursday, September 07, 2006

Seduction in Death by J.D. Robb (2001)

I don't know why, but every once in a while I can use a dose of Lt. Eve Dallas of the New York City Police Department of the future. The cast of characters never cease to amuse - Peabody, her assistant, Roarke, her rich husband, etc. As I don't read these books in any particular order, the relationship issues go back and forth, but I don't mind. This was about the dangers of meeting someone on the Internet. The killer makes contact in some poetry discussion group and then asks the woman out on a date, drugs her, seduces her... I'm always fascinated by all the information they can access via computer, often not exactly by the most legal means - but all for a good cause. I'm surprised my privacy rights hackles don't rise higher. A good listen for those late night drives on vacation.

No comments: